On the very edge of Lough Gill, standing three storeys high, this fortified manor house dates from the 17th century when Robert Parke built it on the site of rebel Gaelic chieftain Brian O’Rourke’s tower house. O’Rourke was executed at Tyburn in 1591 and the stone from the demolished tower was used to build Parke’s manor house inside the original bawn. Today, it’s a good place to soak up some history.
The Castle has been restored using Irish oak and traditional craftsmenship. Access for visitors with disabilities to ground floor.
Location: On the Sligo-Dromahair Road (R286), 11 km from Sligo Town or 7 km from Dromahair
Bus Route(s): Contact Bus Eireann, Travel Centre +353 1 8366111
Guided Tours: Available on request
Maximum No: 25
Duration: 40 Minutes
Leaflet/Guide book: English, Irish, French, German, Italian, Spanish
Parke’s Castle, Co Leitrim Contact Details:
Address: Kilmore, Fivemilebourne, Co. Leitrim, F91 FP71
Telephone No: +353 71 916 4149
Fax No: +353 71 916 4546
Email: [email protected]
Seasonal Events: Please check in advance using contact details listed above